Translate

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sam's Anatomy

Learning about canine performance structure
with our pal, the invisible Sam.

Samurai was a skinny puppy, but his bony little self was never so transparent as this layered photo illustration Mike and I created of him for our class with Helen Grinnell King for Daisy Peel's online classroom.

This is a work in progress and the illustration you see here has already been shifted and corrected, with a couple more tweaks to do for tomorrow.

The class has required quite a bit of hands on and computer-assisted exploration, but it's all been worth it. I've learned how little I really understood about canine anatomy, and particularly, functional anatomy.

Still, it's amazing when you think about it. Underneath all that hair, is a very complicated piece of equipment that makes our little guy move the way he does. Understanding the particulars of how he's put together will hopefully help me fine tune the way I need to handle and manage him, as well as project where potential trouble spots might lie and what I can do to prevent injury.

I've enjoyed this class every step of the way and there is more to come. 

1 comment:

minnow said...

Fascinating! I'm in the K9 Fitness, but I can see how a better understanding of structure would be helpful.