Translate

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Yay! Blind Crosses About to Emerge from the Shadows


Daisy Peel prepares to give an under-appreciated handling option its due.

It's time I came clean. I admit it. I've always enjoyed doing blind crosses. Sure, I often covered doing one as an "oops" when I couldn't quite make it to a front cross, but truth be told, I've always secretly enjoyed that little thrill of zipping out across the line, giving up sight of my dog -- just for a heartbeat -- but savoring that trust that he made the connection, understood the intention, and came in right on target for the change of side.

You'd be quite correct in guessing they didn't always work out. But more often than not, they did. However, not so long ago, it wouldn't be so uncommon that someone would almost predictably meet me ringside after a blind crossed run to point out my "mistake".

But lately, things have changed and those of us who have long been giving in to the temptation of going blind have seen the technique begin to move back out into the light, and possibly into favor.

This trend is most famously heralded by a very new, and nicely produced teaser video put out by Daisy Peel. Part of an exciting launch of a new training brand, she's hinting that she's about to take the whole issue of blind crosses -- theory, application and training -- by the horns and hopefully into a video...or maybe a series of online classes?

I guess we'll find out soon enough. I, for one will keep my eyes "Peeled".

2 comments:

Nicki said...

I do blind crosses all the time with my pom

hobnoblin said...

Wow,that sequence with the 3 red jumps has me breathless. Truly wunnerful, isn't it?