Translate

Monday, July 11, 2011

Taylor earns PACH and PACH 2 Titles!

PNAC PACH2 U-CD 9(HIT)Wingssong Sweet Baby James CD RE AX AXJ MXP5 MJP7 PAX2 OFP RL2-AOM

With the introduction of the new AKC Preferred Agility Champion (PACH) title July 1, I have learned that Taylor has earned a double championship of PACH and PACH2.

The PACH title is awarded to dogs jumping in the Preferred class who have earned 20 double qualifying rounds out of Excellent B Jumpers and Standard, plus 750 points. PACH2 represents 40 QQs and 1,500 points.

According to the American Kennel Club, the PACH was “created as a way to recognize the superior performance, speed and consistency of AKC’s Preferred agility competitors.” The title is being given retroactively to dogs who have earned the qualifying criteria.

Up until the titles were announced, I wasn’t sure if Taylor had earned PACH or PACH2, since I had only been counting double Q’s for the PAX. To date, he has 50 QQs to his record, but I wasn't sure where he stood with points.

Luckily, Taylor came through once again, bringing in the two agility championships, just as he heads into retirement. The two PACHs round out a banner year for Taylor, who earned the 2011 AKC 4” Preferred National Agility Championship in Lexington, VA, this spring. Only 11 national agility championships are awarded by the AKC each year.

Thank you, Taylor for bringing so much joy into my life. My “Precision Clockwork Mouse” has opened the door to people and experiences that I never would have had without him. Whatever else comes, I will cherish him always.

No comments: